Perseverance Dam is the second largest, in terms of storage capacity, and the second oldest storage dam of the city's three water supply dams. Construction of this dam commenced in 1962 and was completed in 1965. This dam is located approximately 35 km Northeast of Toowoomba on Perseverance Creek, which is a tributary of Cressbrook Creek.
The storage statistics of Perseverance Dam are as follows:
- Total catchment area = 110 km2
- Storage area = 250 ha (full supply)
- Maximum available storage = 30,140 ML
- Dead storage = 3,207 ML
- Full water supply useable capacity = 26,893 ML
- Full water supply level at spillway = RL 446.08 AHD
- Depth (overflow - dead water level) = 23.1 m
Perseverance Dam filled immediately on completion and has an average storage level of about 80%.