To view current vacancies, click on "Current vacancies website" on the right hand side of this page:
By working at Toowoomba Regional Council, you will be joining a team of dedicated and friendly people, passionate about delivering excellent customer service to residents and vistors of the region.
We recognise that our success depends upon attracting and retaining skilled and talented staff so you will be provided with a wide variety of interesting challenges and opportunities to develop your career.
Local government is a diverse environment that provides employees with an opportunity to master a wide range of skills.
In the last financial year, for instance, council's 1600 staff handled the following workloads:
Planners issued over 3,450 building approvals culminating in an estimated $444 million of construction and related works across the region
- Animal Management staff registered over 32,000 cats & dogs and handled over 1,200 service requests at the Animal Management Centre
- Waste Management and Parks & Recreation teams recycled approximately 8,998 tonnes of metals, paper & plastics and distributed 5,000 cubic metres of mulch via the home-gardeners free mulch program
- The Sustainabilily Awareness Project continued to focus on council’s carbon footprint and commenced the development of carbon reduction strategies
- Engineers constructed and managed TRC assets valued at over $3bn and undertook over $5.5 million worth of state government contract work for the Department of Transport & Main Roads
- Project teams undertook significant development towards opening a new Customer Service Centre for Toowoomba in early 2011
- Environmental Health personnel managed over 1,100 environmental health-related service requests whilst immunation staff provided more than 18,000 vaccinations.